Our History

PURPOSE

The purpose of Otis Orchards Community Church (OOCC) is to reach the unsaved with the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ, by equipping each individual to become a fully committed follower of Christ – a disciple empowered by the Holy Spirit to grow in grace, love, and the sharing of their faith.

HISTORY

Otis Orchards Community Church was formed by six families who left their homes in Missouri and Wisconsin in 1906 to settle in Eden at the east end of the Spokane Valley. Because of their background and their leader, Rev. Louis Haas, they established German Evangelical Lutheran Church. Three years later the church joined the Congregational Church denomination and began services in English. In 1911, the name was changed to Eden Congregational Church, and in 1954 to the Otis Orchards Community Church. Some of the members formed the East Valley Bible church in 1983 and the two merged in 1993. In 1991 The church became affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. In 2004, Maranatha Church merged with OOCC, to form the present membership. The church purchased their property and over the years have had to enlarge the facilities. The present A-Frame structure was built by the members in 1954 and the Annex was added in 1973, again built by the members. A mortgage was paid off in 1975 and the church has had no debt since then. There was a big 100 year celebration held in the fall of 2006 and over 400 people attended the event.